Mission & vision
Our methods, values, goals, and achievements
We envision humanity harmonizing with earth
Founded in 1998, Matter of Trust develops and implements programs that link surplus with needs, promote naturally abundant renewable resources, and create inspirational online and physical sites.
Matter of Trust (MofT) concentrates on the positive, nurtures teams dedicated to the environment, and delivers empowering solutions.
Our programs promote renewable resources, recycling, reuse, repair and ecology.
Eco is an ancient Greek word for relationships between life and surroundings (ecosystems, economics, ecotourism…).
MofT develops and implements small, replicable and large-scale systems that are symbiotic, convenient and transformational.
Mother Nature is a catalyst that is always evolving and finding balance. We follow her lead.
At MofT, our work starts hands-on and advances through sharing and learning via our pilots, centers, satellites, fiscal sponsorships, partners, websites, research, eco-educational tools, extensive solutions library and more.
We ensure visitors of all ages can enjoy MofT’s fun and inspirational flagship locations:
1) Our Eco-Industrial Hub is a working, model factory that has delightful exhibits about clean air, water, energy, and ideal materials for products.
2) Our immersive Eco-Home showcases how urban renters can have impactful, planet-friendly apartments and grow enchanting edible gardens.
We design and orchestrate International platforms for climate conscious innovations (e.g., TheHumSumm.net – Humanity Adding Solutions network, CleanWaveProgram.org – waste fibers for oil spill clean up, GlobalCompostProject.org…).
We celebrate energy from young apprentices, mastery in wise seniors, and task ownership by staff, interns and volunteers. We cultivate expertise in skilled labor and green jobs, seeking input from boots on the ground to seats in the boardroom.
Our work provides practical, uplifting answers for the public asking, “What can I do?”
- Inspire enthusiasm for the beauty and complexity of natural abundance and enduring cycles.
- Link surplus with needs and sort burdensome waste into stockpiles of useful resources.
- Accentuate the importance to youth of integrating eco-innovation with language of hope, potential and peace of mind.
- Mobilize positive cultural shifts, by only concentrating on what we do want for the planet.
- Open satellite eco-hubs with small business eco-partners focussed on thriving, local manufacturing and smart distribution.
- Ensure steady progress through multiple, collaborating programs, flowing at different stages.
- Spotlight how high quality, clutter-free, low-impact standards of living can be affordable and luxurious, without sacrifice.
- Demonstrate major benefits of deconstructibles and compostables.
- Collect perspectives and incentives from diverse communities.
- Broaden eco-awareness through thriving forums, reuse exchanges, and local to global events calendars.
- Identify and connect peer-acknowledged mavens.
- Set up inclusive eco-challenges roundtables mixing low-tech, high tech, and engaged parties up and down the ladder and across sectors.
- Make the invisible visible: people behind products, how energy works, ground water truths, waste streams, the air we breath…
- Reach as many people as possible with clear messaging and visuals so they can help spread the word.
Please see our timeline