Mission & vision
Our goals, and achievements
We envision humanity harmonizing with earth
Matter of Trust’s (MofT’s) mission is to concentrate on the positive, nurture teams dedicated to the environment, and deliver empowering solutions.
We implement transformational programs that promote renewable resources, recycling, reuse, and repair. Founded in 1998, Matter of Trust designs large-scale systems that are ecological, convenient and replicable. (CleanWaveProgram.org and GlobalCompostProject.org). We orchestrate International platforms for climate conscious innovations (TheHumSum – Humanity Adding Solutions network).
Inclusively, we celebrate mastery in wise seniors, energy in young apprentices and task ownership from staff, interns and volunteers. Big fans of skilled labor and green jobs, we cultivate pride in expertise from the mailroom to the boardroom. Through MofT’s work, boots on the ground, eco-educational tools, research library collections, websites, centers, and partnerships, we provide answers for the public asking, “What can I do?”
We ensure visitors of all ages can enjoy MofT’s fun and inspirational flagship locations:
1) Our Eco-Industrial Hub is a working model factory that has delightful exhibits about clean air, water, energy, and ideal materials for products.
2) Our immersive Eco-Home showcases how urban renters can have impactful, planet-friendly apartments and grow enchanting edible gardens.
Mother Nature is a catalyst that always finds balance. We follow her lead.
- To inspire enthusiasm for the beauty and complexity of natural abundance.
- To discover, produce, test and promote logistically practical uses for renewable resources.
- To implement systems that demonstrate the importance of regaining balance, by linking surplus with needs and sorting burdensome waste into stockpiles of useful resources.
- To develop industry roundtables connecting manual and skilled labor, high and low-tech, drawing board and board room experts from every rung of the ladder.
- To identify peer-acknowledged mastery in diverse sectors and provide mavens with platforms for eco-jobs training.
- To build apprenticeship programs that empower a dynamic manufacturing
eco-workforce that celebrates distinction and excellence.
- To promote low-impact, clutter-free solutions and convenient deconstructable products that provide high standards of living and equate ecology with luxury, not sacrifice.
- To research and broaden eco-awareness within diverse communities through forums and teams that highlight practical perspectives and incentives for clean air, water, energy, and materials at work and at home.
- To continually have multiple, collaborative programs, flowing at different stages, in order to ensure our collective progress within our 3 departments: 1. Surplus with Needs, 2. Naturally Abundant Renewable Resources, 3. Eco-Education.
- To follow Mother Nature’s lead by acting as a catalyst and integrating enduring cycles.
- To deliver peace of mind, mobilize positive cultural shifts, and concentrate on what we do want for the planet.
- To provide physical and virtual sites that are inclusive, productive, uplifting, expanding, thriving, educational, enchanting and transformational.