Mission & vision
Our goals, and achievements
We envision humanity harmonizing with earth
Our mission is to link surplus with needs, promote naturally abundant renewable resources, and create inspirational eco-spaces.
At Matter of Trust, we provide systems for sorting recyclables and compostables into useful stockpiles. By focusing on convenience, we learn what households need most from community reuse programs. Gathering perspectives from global industries, we find motivations and new zero-waste opportunities. We are passionate about efficiency and deconstructable designs.
Our ongoing research into manmade and organic materials enables us to endorse optimal choices. In collaboration with experts, we develop solutions for clean air, water and energy. By open-sourcing our data, content, tutorials, curricula and in-house media we supply eco-educational tools and offer incentives. On a daily basis, Matter of Trust concentrates on the positive, shares good environmental news and highlights innovations from around the world.
Our eco-factory, model home and urban edible garden are inspirational spaces where everyone can share and learn. We build and operate publicly accessible hubs packed with visually intriguing exhibits. By producing transformative events, and organizing impactful roundtables, we embrace illuminating partnerships. Within and between businesses, we applaud peer-recognized abilities, effective communication and feedback loops from every level. Celebrating mastery of high and low-tech skill sets, we value apprentices and encourage internships. Matter of Trust champions the widespread advancement of green careers in all sectors. Mobilizing volunteers and supporting campaigns, we rally enthusiasts of healthy living for mind, body, and soil.
Mother Nature is a catalyst and is always in balance. By integrating the necessities for life into enduring cycles, she orchestrates matters at both the micro and macrocosmic scales. We follow her lead and nurture what we DO want for the planet.
- To inspire enthusiasm for the beauty and complexity of natural abundance.
- To discover, produce, test and promote logistically practical uses for renewable resources.
- To implement systems that demonstrate the importance of regaining balance for manmade surplus by sorting waste into stockpiles of useful resources.
- To develop round-table programs connecting manual labor, skilled labor, industry, education, hi and low-tech expertise in order to efficiently and conveniently match burdensome manmade surplus to those in need.
- To identify peer-acknowledged mastery in diverse sectors and provide mavens with platforms for eco-jobs training.
- To build apprenticeship programs that empower a manufacturing
eco-workforce with distinction that celebrates excellence.
- To promote low-impact, clutter-free solutions and products that provide high standards of living and equate ecology with luxury, not sacrifice.
- To constructively encourage youth with enthusiasm for ecology, renewable resources, recycling, repurposing and reuse, to follow their creative passions by providing educational tools with quantifiable results.
- To research and broaden eco-awareness within diverse communities through forums and teams that highlight practical perspectives and incentives for clean water, clean air, clean energy, healthy soils and healthy lives.
- To have multiple, collaborative programs in different stages within our 3 departments (Surplus and Needs, Naturally Abundant Renewable Resources and Eco-Education) to ensure flow of our collective progress is continual and dynamic.
- To follow Mother Nature’s lead by acting as a catalyst and integrating enduring cycles.
- To deliver peace of mind, mobilize positive cultural shifts, concentrate on what we DO want in our environment and co-create a harmonious eco-industrial revolution.
- To provide physical and virtual sites that are inclusive, sustainable, uplifting, growing, productive, informative, educational, inspirational, enchanting and transformational.