CalRecycle webinar info.
As you know, we were successful in getting $40 million for CalRecycle’s Waste Diversion project. Head’s up that CalRecycle has 2 workshops coming up to discuss the cap and trade grant criteria if you are interested in applying.
- Organics Grant Program $24 Million ($3 set aside for Rurals). Max Award — Digestion Projects $4 Million, Compost Project $3 Million
- Fiber, Plastic, & Glass Grant Program $9 Million – Max Award $3 Million
- Food Waste Prevention & Rescue Grant Program $5 Million Max Award $500,000
Here’s the proposed scoring criteria.
Here’s the 2 upcoming workshops to discuss grant funding criteria if you’d like to listen in or attend in person.
- October 20, 2016 (Sacramento) 1:30PM – 3:30PM Workshop to Discuss CalRecycle’s Greenhouse Gas Reduction Grant Programs and their Relationship to Disadvantaged Communities. Agenda.
- October 26, 2016 (Fresno) 5:00PM – 7:00PM Workshop to Discuss CalRecycle’s Greenhouse Gas Reduction Grant Programs and their Relationship to Disadvantaged Communities. Agenda.
Timeline (differs with each program – this is for organics:)
- October 2016 Stakeholder Workshops (Sacramento –10/20 & Fresno – 10/26)
- February – November 2016 Guidance, Expenditure Record, and Quantification Methodology Development
- November 2016 Criteria Presentation at CalRecycle Public Meeting & Director Approval
- January 2017 Application Release
- March 2017 Application Due Date
- August 2017 Grant Awards
- April 1, 2020 Grant Term End Date
****If you have not done so already, you should sign up for CalRecycle’s listserve for updates on the grant application process: Greenhouse Gas Reduction Programs Listserv.