Our ecological public charity concentrates on
Surplus & Needs, Natural Abundance,
An Introduction to The MofT Family’s Terms of Service
Welcome to the MofT Family! Here is a quick summary of the highlights of our Terms of Service:
- Our mission is to be eco-enthusiasts for renewable resources. The MofT Family platforms offer a place for humanity to take action, add solutions, ask questions and connect with people who contribute unique insights and quality answers. This empowers people to learn from each other and build a healthy future.
- You own the content that you post. You also grant us and other users of The MofT Family of programs certain rights and license to use it.
- You are responsible for the content that you post. This includes ensuring that you have the rights needed for you to post that content and that your content does not violate the legal rights of another party (for example, defamation) or any applicable laws.
- You can repost content from The MofT Family platforms elsewhere, provided that you attribute the content back to The MofT Family platforms and respect the rights of the original poster, including any “not for reproduction” designation.
- We do not endorse or verify content posted by users. Our content and materials are provided to you “as is,” without any guarantees. You are solely responsible for your own use of The MofT Family platforms. Posts from lawyers, doctors, and other professionals should not be treated as a substitute for professional advice for your specific situation.
- You agree to follow the rules of The MofT Family platforms. When you use The MofT Family platforms, you also agree to our Terms of Service, accept our , and agree to follow our , , and .
- We offer tools for you to give feedback and report complaints. If you think someone has violated your intellectual property rights, other laws, or The MofT Family policies, you can initiate a report at email@example.com.
We are pleased that you want to join The MofT Family platforms and encourage you to read the full Terms of Service.
Last Updated: May 31, 2018
Our Commitment to Privacy
Matter of Trust, Inc., is committed to children’s privacy. Matter of Trust, Inc., conducts summer camps and free educational field trips to Bay Area schools, day care centers, youth-based organizations, and homeschoolers. We do not knowingly permit child users to register directly with our service without the consent of the parent or school. If Matter of Trust, Inc., field trips and activities are used by a school, we rely on the school to provide the requisite consent for Matter of Trust, Inc., to collect personal information of the child for this purpose, in lieu of parental consent. Matter of Trust, Inc., also seeks permission for photography during field trips which is available on the field trip form for use on the website for funding sources.
If Matter of Trust, Inc., learns that personal information of a child is collected at our service without a parent’s consent, we will take appropriate steps to delete the information from our system. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under the age of 13 has a registered account with Matter of Trust, Inc., without your consent, please write to us at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org and we will delete the information from our systems.
In general, when you visit The MofT Family websites to access information, you remain anonymous. We do not require you to register or provide personal information to us in order to view our site. However, some services may require that you provide us with personal data. We will ask for additional information when you apply to become a member of any of The MofT Family programs or make a donation. In these cases, we will only collect personally identifiable information, such as name, address, telephone number, email address, website address, location, zip code, comments, country, and phone number which you voluntarily provide through our Website or via email correspondence. We collect this information when you:
- Register for using charitable services on Excess Access, Global Compost Project, The Hum Sum and other programs.
- Post personal information including photos from Contracts and participation in Surveys, which are stored securely in the Matter of Trust systems.
- Contact us for information or ask a question.
- Apply for jobs, volunteering, or internship opportunities.
- Contribute to charity funds or sponsorship opportunities.
We will not sell or exchange your personal information at any time. We will collect general information, such as the type of browser you use, IP address, the files you request, and the domain name and country from which you request information, to improve our website and better meet your needs. We hold data for a minimum of 1 year. We use GPS to get the data of your location. This is crucial for the effective working of our service.
If you have liked our other social media channels, your information from those accounts may be present but we do not use that data.
We use Paypal, Square, and Stripe for donation, gift-shop, and enrollment payment processing.
We may use third-party service providers to monitor and analyze the use of our service. Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google may use this collected data to personalize advertisements on its network.
Use of Information
Before we collect any personally identifiable information, we will provide an explanation for the possible use of your data. For example, the information you supply might be used by MofT Family programs to respond to your inquiries or supply you with the requested information. Email is collected from the user while registering into the Service and we use this data to send out confirmation on successful registration. This is also used for secure messaging to communicate between the donor and the recipient for information exchange of donated items on TheHumSum.org and ExcessAccess.org. For this purpose, we use Service providers like MailChimp and Mandrill and they will have access to your information as reasonably necessary to perform these tasks on our behalf. By consenting, you agree to use this service for effective communication. It may be necessary, if required by law or if pertinent to judicial or governmental investigations, to release your personally identifiable information. If you have submitted personal information to us electronically and would like it removed or modified, please contact us. We will use every possible effort, within reason, to comply with your request.
Retention of Data
Your personal data is retained no longer than is necessary to do the needful processing required for our programs. We hold data for a minimum of 1 year. If the user no longer requires our service, we provide a way to delete/deactivate the account. Please write to us at mailto:email@example.com
While The MofT Family programs are highly selective about which sites we provide links to, we do not control these websites, nor do we endorse or otherwise accept responsibility for the content or privacy policies of those sites. We do encourage you to review the privacy policies posted on third-party sites.
Subject to exemptions under applicable law, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- To request a copy of your personal data which The MofT Family programs hold.
- To rectify personal data that is inaccurate or out of date.
- To request erasure of data from any of The MofT Family programs’ websites where it is no longer necessary.
We may change our policies from time to time and if we do, we will update them here. Please contact us by email or in writing at:
firstname.lastname@example.org Matter of Trust, Inc. Headquarters 99 Saint Germain Avenue San Francisco CA 94114