Our ecological public charity concentrates on
Manmade Surplus, Natural Abundance,
CURRENT YEAR (2016)
- We have 74 programs to date, 29 of which are current in research, development, and active modes while 45 have been completed and archived. All are documented at MatterOfTrust.org.
- Matter of Trust has a large and growing membership to its Excess Access online mobile-friendly, in-kind donation program and over 31,300 people on our Facebook page.
- Matter of Trust has a substantial number of press clippings and TV / radio interviews, including a front-page article in the Wall Street Journal and several appearances on national news networks as well as interviews with BBC, Le Monde, and other international sources.
- All Matter of Trust programs have been very resourceful; we have always been debt free, liability free, and litigation free, and we are up to date in all forms, licenses, and requirements. We hold San Francisco City and Country vendor status and current accounts with sam.gov and grants.gov
- 2015 – Matter of Trust is a presenting partner on the documentary film, Racing to Zero. Executive Producer Diana Fuller, Directed by Christopher Beaver. Patrice and Lisa Gautier, founders of Matter of Trust also hold producer credits.
- 2015 – Matter of Trust orchestrates a Zero Waste Flash Mob, hosted by the Presidio Trust, at their Sunday Father’s Day picnic with 8,000 attendees. On the scenic Presidio National Park Parade Grounds, by the Golden Gate Bridge, crowds danced and sorted trash into blue and green bins. Other partners included SF Conservation Corp, CalRecycle, SF Environment, Luminalt Solar, Off the Grid and Recology.
- 2015 – Matter of Trust President, Lisa Gautier, hosts A Toast to Compost! in Paris during the United Nations COP21 Climate Conference Celebrations. Traveling with a large group representing cities and experts on compost, soil carbon, recycling and climate solutions, Lisa promotes our Global Compost Project collaborative http://matteroftrust.org/11853/un-cop21-paris-event
- 2015 – Matter of Trust has benchmarked hosting over 50 youth in our green jobs internship program in partnership with JVS, John O’Connell High School, Lick Wilmerding High School, Lycée Francais de SF, and SF Stem Academy.
- 2015 – Marks the 15th Anniversary of our Clean Wave program at Matter of Trust and we are proud of our partnership with FeltCrafts, who now needle punch our recycled hair, fur, fleece, fiber donations in the New Mexico, USA.
- 2015 – In our third year of successful summer youth camps, Matter of Trust Eco-Center in partnership with Presidio Hill School, Todd Ditto, provides LEAF Academy for intensive two-week field trip filled courses on Leadership, Ecology, Action and Fellowship to middle school kids.
- 2014 – The Global Compost Film Contest is launched in partnership with SF Green Film Festival – http://www.greenfilmfest.org.
- 2014 – Matter of Trust launches the Global Compost Project.org collaborative with a mobile friendly site and pledge page.
- June 10th, 2013 – Matter of Trust Eco-Center Grand Opening at 3338 17th Street in San Francisco’s vibrant inner-city Mission District. The Eco-Center programs are informational (exhibits, tours, resource material handouts, events, eco-gift shop, eco-baby showers, kids b’Earthday parties) educational (field trips, courses, classes, camps, roundtables, panels,) and transformational (green jobs, campaigns, mobilizations).
- 2012 – Matter of Trust – invited by San Francisco Earth Day Civic Center Plaza to provide a large-scale living bamboo plant maze for the public. Thousands of visitors weaved their way through, aided by answering ecological questions with arrows for advancing if they got them right or backtracking if wrong.
- 2011 – Matter of Trust – Invited by San Francisco Earth Day Civic Center Plaza provided a large-scale exhibit on plastic in the oceans. Two Giant 16-foot fish sculptures made out of reclaimed plastics defined the entrance to the event. We orchestrated student art from many schools as well as artists Grier Blumenschine, Tim Crowe, Louis Chinn and The Quarry Lane School in Pleasanton. For our “talking” fish, we interviewed, then edited the voice of Jean Michel Cousteau, who gave ocean facts to visitors as they walked in.
- 2011 Matter of Trust collection of 8,000+ donated eyeglasses and medical mission to Peru with Dr. Rosa Ten.
- 2010 – The Environmental Protection Agency publicly stated, during the BP Horizon Spill in the Gulf of Mexico, that Matter of Trust’s Clean Wave program (link) led the fastest growing national grassroots recycling mobilization they had ever seen. From the 2nd-6th weeks after the explosion, the charity received hair and fur clipping donations from every zip code in North America and 30 other countries according to the US postal service. 19 warehouses from the Florida Keys to Texas were donated in order to temporarily house the hundreds of thousands of boxes. The donated fibers were hand stuffed by thousands of volunteers into oil spill cleanup booms.
- 2010 – Matter of Trust won the Pavitra Crimmel Reuse Award in 2010 from the California Resource Recovery Association.
- 2008 – Matter of Trust fiscally sponsored “The Fuel Film” by Josh Tickell which won the coveted Audience Prize at the Sundance Film Festival 2008 and was 2009 Academy Awards Qualified.
- 2006 – Matter of Trust’s – Hurricane Katrina Relief programs for in-kind donations led to our Peace of Mind Kits – an Ecological Complement the Disaster Kit. This program led to our inclusion in the San Francisco Mayoral Committee for Disaster Preparedness.
- 2005 – Matter of Trust’s Biodiesel for Muni feasibility program in collaboration with the San Francisco Department of the Environment led to the citywide bus system transfer to biodiesel.
- 2005 – Matter of Trust was awarded the Certificate of Honor by Mayor Gavin Newsom, the City/County of San Francisco. Honoree Lisa Gautier, President, recognized for dedication to urban environment and city dwellers around the world particularly in support of the United Nations World Environment Day 2005.
- 2003 – Matter of Trust’s Excess Access program with Jennifer Pratt researched, wrote and published It’s Easy Being Green – A Helpful and Humorous Eco-tips book of 230 pages, printed on hemp paper with soy ink. This book has been gifted in person to His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama, Former US Vice President Al Gore, Steve Jobs, founder of Apple, Inc. and several other notable dignitaries.
- 2000 – Matter of Trust’s pilot program, Excess Access was the recipient of the BAA – PCCF Business Environmental Award for Environmental Enterprise by the County of Santa Clara with Supervisorial Commendation.
- 1999 – Matter of Trust is incorporated, our thanks to Paul Newman’s lawyers Nevas, Nevas and Capasse in Connecticut for helping us set up the public charity!
- 1998 – Matter of Trust as a mother organization and its first program Excess Access are conceptualized by Lisa Gautier with the help of the husband Patrice Gautier and many advisors.
- 1998 – Matter of Trust was founded in November.