Our ecological public charity concentrates on
Manmade Surplus, Natural Abundance,
EVENT – Zero Waste Flash Mob – Sunday June 21, 2015 2:30 PM
About the Program
CALLING ALL DANCERS AND RECYCLERS!
June 21st, 2015 2:30 PM (1:00 PM Call Time)
Presidio Main Parade Grounds
COME JOIN IN!
Help San Francisco launch Zero Waste Flash Mobs around the world! Mother Nature needs artists to inspire everyone for greater impact leading up to the global 2016 UN CLIMATE CONFERENCE (COP 21) in Paris!
Pump positive, human energy deep into the environment through inspirational dance, athletics, music, art, and tons of sorted resources at every large event!
Zero Waste Flash Mobs are launching at Off The Grid in San Francisco!
Environmentalist, scientists, and politicians… know the world needs a healthier environment. Can they make enough impact, on their own, and in time? Artists know what inspires humanity isn’t data, it’s CREATIVITY!
When you’re turning things around and uplifting… You’re DANCING!
Huge crowds will gather when you give us a BEAT! Count us in and we’ll MOBILIZE!
- 75+ Trained Dancers!
- 200+ Chorus Volunteer Dancers! (1 rehearsal)
- 100 Bins (blue, green, black) Donated by SF Conservation Corps and HANC
- 1,000+ Dancing participants goal day of picnic
- 8,000 Expected visitors at the picnic
Rehearsal – Monday, June 15th at 7:30 PM @Presidio Parade Grounds
104 Montgomery St, San Francisco, CA MAP
Zero Waste Flash Mob – Call Time:
Sunday, June 21st at 1:00 PM @Presidio Parade Grounds
104 Montgomery St, San Francisco, CA MAP
Flash mob will take place between 2:30 – 2:45 PM
- Visit the Carbon, Compost, Climate Tent June 18-21, 2005
Presidio Main Parade Ground (104 Montgomery St, San Francisco, CA)
- Volunteer http://matteroftrust.org/volunteer
- Join this Zero Waste Flash Mob Sunday, June 21, 1-3 PM
- Suggest future Zero Waste Flash Mobs firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sign up or drop in to be interviewed for the mini-documentary celebrating the Presidio Trust and SF community’s climate solutions!
- If you’re interested in doing a zero waste flash mob in your area for a large event, please let us know. Here’s a list of helpful organizational tools:
- Contact flash mob groups in your area
- Contact local recyclers/disposal company for bins and sponsorship
- Make sure you have permission of the event coordinators and if need be have insurance certificate if it is a large event
- Contact DJ and make sure that the music the dancers/DJ have is the same mp3 version
- Have a web page set up and/or use your information available on Instagram/YouTube/Facebook/Twitter ready for followers to be able to see themselves and pass on zero waste information to spread the word and sent to the UN for adding to the build up of the big Global Climate Conference in Paris this December 2015.
- Make a banner to run through the crowd at the end of the flash mob with #ZeroWasteFlashMobs so that people know where to go and what to look for
- Make sure the energy stays up and fun and youthful—not earnest or preachy—you can post impact facts and info through social media afterward. The goal here is that everyone wants to join in and sort the waste into resources in a quick fun impactful way just for a three-minute song and then move on
- It should be a compliment to a large event with lots of food/drinks/stuff that could be wasted—not its own event.
- Encourage event organizers to have more than enough, well marked, bins conveniently by every exit!
- Perform Zero Waste Flash Mobs three-fourth of the way through events, while they’re going strong and everyone is near their own garbage!
- Dance the bins through the crowds as a convenience and a reminder!
- Parade the bins into central large-scale art designs for aerial images!
- Plan and trust that everyone will know (or quickly learn) how to join in!
- Share photos and info #ZeroWasteFlashMobs on social media so people can see themselves and their impact!
- Challenge other events to compete for better Zero Waste Flash Mobs and mobilize on a global scale!
- Make the Zero Waste Flash Mob as integral as the 7th Inning Stretch and the Half Time Show!
- Engage crowds in a fun, short, productive zero Waste Flash Mobs that compliment large events!
- Empower the public to impact climate change at a personal level!
- Tap into the massive amounts of positive, human energy that large events supply!
- Recycle into resources the tons of waste huge crowds produce!
- Inclusive flash mob dances are uplifting! Mother Nature needs the pick-me-up!
- Momentum growing is irresistible! Only the masses can turn climate issues around fast!
- Inspirational lasting memories (can be reminders to Zero Waste)!
Links & Information